Wednesday, February 24, 2016

30 Minutes. 30 Days. Day 4

30 Minutes. 30 Days. 
Day 4


International Ballooning Contest Chicago - 1908

I tried writing in the morning. This seems more energetic as I'm fuelled by coffee. A good thing.

So realized that in order to write a script it's not very efficient to just start from the beginning and write. It's better to try to draft out some sort of plan or point form of what will happen. Now I know a bunch of the classic techniques. Something happens to someone at this page of the script and there is no turning back - so the rest of the film is that forward journey - then the twist etc...

I'm nowhere near figuring that out. I have this idea to try to incorporate Chicago history into this film. I know nothing about that history so I'm doing some research. Very interesting stuff.
There is a theme of disaster, resilience and innovation. And elements - Fire, Flood, Wind. So...needless to say at this point my film has become very big budget and will need a lot of special FX.  Not practical. But it doesn't matter at this point. I just need to find a story.


3 comments: